Hotlines & Helplines
- NJ Self-Help Clearing House Listing of a broad range of self-help groups
- A Sound Mind - a safe online space to discuss mental and emotional wellness, share information and resources and support each other through this tumultuous time. Thursdays at 6 pm on Zoom; Meeting ID: 832 1178 728 or dial in +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) +1 646 558 8656 US (New York) +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC) +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose) +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma) Contact Kimme Carlos at email@example.com for more information.
12-Step Groups - click to locate online meetings
Other Mental Health and Support Resources
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA)
- It Gets Better Project Media programming, educational resources and more to "to uplift, empower, and connect LGBTQ youth around the globe.
- LGBT Youth Resources Links to a variety of resources (published by the CDC)
- LGBTQ Commission of the Episcopal Diocese of NJ
- Mental Health and Psychological Resilience from the World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Alliance of those who Live with Mental Illness (NAMI)
- National Institute for Mental Health (NIMH)
- PFLAG Resources for LGBTQ+ people and their families
- Pride Center of NJ "safe and welcoming space for all individuals who identify as LGBTQ+ to find support, educational tools, health and education resources, and social opportunities within a community of acceptance. Comprehensive programming in support of this mission includes lesbian, gay, trans and family resources, social groups and free HIV testing. "
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Tips for Disaster Responders: Preventing and Managing Stress
- American Psychological Association Information on a variety of topics related to mental health & wellness, find a psychologist (national)
- American Psychiatric Association Information on a variety of topics related to mental health
- National Association of Social Workers Find a social worker
- New Jersey Psychological Association Find a Psychologist & other resources
Health and Wellness Resources
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
Information on healthy living, diseases & other health conditions; emergency preparedness
- Healthcare JRMC - "The JRMC is a full-service, medical and dental center whose mission is to provide high-quality, evidence-based healthcare services to all patients who walk through our doors, regardless of economic circumstances."
- Interfaith Network of Care
The mission of the Interfaith Network of Care (INC) is to give personal and social support to people coping with chronic conditions, disabilities, isolation, and other age-related disabilities and to help those responsible for their day-to-day wellbeing. Trained volunteer caregivers, agencies, and the community-at-large encourage people to continue to live independent, meaningful lives in their own homes.
- Jewish Renaissance Medical Center
Comprehensive, accessible, affordable, high quality, community-based, primary care services to residents of Middlesex county. "Every person who seeks our care will be welcomed, comforted and assisted by our collective talents without regard to financial status."
- LGBTQIA Program at RWJ University Hospital Healthcare, support services and programs for New Jersey's LGBTQIA+ Community
- NJ Family Care Low cost or no cost health insurance program for kids and certain low-income parents/guardians
- The Mayo Clinic
Resource for healthy living, as well as to get more information about any health concerns
- Resources for College Students With Disabilities.
- The Statewide Parent Advocacy Network (SPAN)
Resources for empowering families as advocates and partners in improving education and health outcomes for infants, toddlers, children and youth